Saturday, October 23, 2004

Hello India


Namaste!!! Before I starts to write, I just wanna say thanks for the steamboat dinner and those who sent me off at Sentral, sms-ed all kind of wishes and messages, telephone calling, THANK YOU!! Your wishes will keep me alive and kicking.

I arrived in Mumbai around 1015 local time. Malaysia time is approximately 2.5 hrs ahead. The local Aiesecer hired a private taxi to fetched me to Pune. The distance is like penang to KL. But everything is cool here. IN's the beginning winter now hence the whether now is cold.

At night, it usually gets colder and according to the local, come December, the weather will probably go down to 10 degrees or so.

I am now staying in a trainee apartment where other trainees lived together. The first friend I met middle of the night is a Japanese which thus far share similar interest; X-Japan's music!!

But he's going for a homestay with india family now. I am now hanging around with Michal, a Polish guy. He is good, he shown me around town and kind of educating me about the locals...
Opposite my apartment, there is a restaurent name MELAKA restaurent but no one rarely go becoz very expensive. I was like what??? I thought it should be PENANG restaurent!!! no wander no ones really go there and dine.

In the trainee apartment, we have about 10 trainees. Mostly Europeans. Some of the housemates went for sight seeing. Will only get to meet them when they come back tomorrow.

The journey from mumbai to Pune via the taxi was great. I tried not to sleep. In the taxi, met two stranger who know about Malaysia, Singapore as much as I do. They go there quite regularly and speak a good and understandable English. The guy was good. while educating me about the locals and India, he even brought us a supper. I had my first local Veg noodles. Not bad actually...but of coz nothing can beat Penang char koay teow.

This morning I hung out with Michal, the Polish trainee. He kind of a good chap just that he is a little bit of piss off with the Indians, especially the street traders. Remember the Irish Luke, ya like Luke but maybe even worse. Just imagine an English football hooligan

Kannine! the bugger yelled at the annoyed trader and later apologise to me for his manners and almost got me into fight with the rickshaw driver. The bugger cursing at the rickshaw driver like fucking maggot and the rick driver goes "you sons of bastard" and grab his shirt and was stunned....not exactly stunned but trying to look cool, thinking that im watching a Bollywood scene!

I am starting my work on Tuesday. We are now waiting for another German trainee to start work together.
OK la....just a few lines to say I am good and are looking forward to a whole new discovery.

best rgds,

Peter