Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Sex Drugs & Rock n' Roll





The time is 8.20 pm and it´s sunday night and as always, writing this piece of crap for the blog is not easy. As for now, it is double the trouble to write because I am still suffering from hangover, with no appetite for any kind of food.

We met up with some cool dudes from Sudan. His name is DJ Shariff. He is a cool guy, a freelance DJ. He looks like the black policeman in the french movie, “taxi”. Through him, we met up with other DJs like DJ Tony T from Taiwan, DJ Kim from Korea and DJ Texas, originally from Sudan, growing up in Texas and study in Dubai but now, Dj-ing in Pune.

I think most scandanivian girls will give in their virginity to them especially DJ Shariff. Correction, I think most girls will, not only scandanivian.

DJ Shariff hooked Omar up with a local pusher, selling all kind of drugs in a open space. So, Omar bought like 20 grams of weed and 10 grams of hash for only RM 15.

Thursday night, we got invited to “Nirvana” ( but nothing “Nirvana” about it), a local pub located somehwhere near where we live, where DJ Shariff, Kim and Tony T is spinning. The pub was really great and the music they played was awesome, a mixture of old school rap, hip-hop, R&B, house and Bob Marley´s raggae. Mario, Maike, Omar, Magda, Alionna, Thomas A20 and Shaila were there. It was really great especially when they play the old school like MC hammer´s “ U can´s touch this”. And of course, entrance fees and beers was taken care off by those Djs. The dancing and everything kind of remind me of partying at Barfly. The only different is the place was without Wilson´s coolest moves. I tried to copy Wilson moves, Bryan´s dance step, a little bit of Noh stlye and of course, mine as well. I guess it wasn´t bad after all since DJ Shariff personally said I was a good hiphop-er as well as successfully hook up with girlsJ (since the success of hooking up with girls definitely not because of face attraction so I presume it was my party attitudes)

But I told him NO!! Don’t mistaken me, I don´t like HipHop, I am a true rocker!!!!

In Nirvana, people tend to overdress, you know…like dressing up to kill. The afro was wearing like the black rapper, with gold chain and bling bling stuff

We also had a inhouse performance by a group of Afro-african who copied exactly like those dudes in “you got served”. But I think it was a shitty performance.

So we parties away until 3.30 am and I went to bed at 4.30 am. Mario, Maike, Omar and I shared a rickshaw back home and the ride home was extremely cold and shivering. The degree was about 10 degree.

As expected, Friday morning was hell. I was so fucking sleepy that I dozed off many times in my engineering courses. It was last day of the training and I didn´t really give a fuck about the training, which I never understood it anyway. I went on sleeping comfortably, with many different position. None of the jargon used in the training make sense to me, let alone the point and the overall courses. You know…stuff like trap, condensate, steam, Co2 etc. I guess the only jargon I understood was AC/DC

I have finish Dan Brown´s Da Vinci code and now about to finish Archer´s “Matter of honour”. Trust me, the Da Vinci code was fucking great, a great read, with endless suspence and adrenalin pumping, blood rushing. I can imagine Robert Redford playing Robert Langdon (but apparently they had selected Tom Hank instead), Rachel weitz playing Sophie Neveu, Jean Leno playing Bezu Feche, Mark Ruffalo playing agent Collet, Tommy Lee Jones playing Sir leigh teibing and Donald Sutherland playing Grandpa Seniurre.

As for Matter of honour, Colin Farrell and Paul Bettany playing the leads, the character of Adam and Lawrence respectively. I brought a book by Mitch Albom, the author of “Tuesday with Morris” which seems interested to read. Anyway, the book is “The 5 people you meet in heaven”. I remember Mei Ching was reading “Tuesday in Morris” back in sophomore year. So if you happen to read this crap, maybe you can email me your recommendation.

I think this crap is going nowhere. But I will try to focus. OK, fast forward to Saturday. We have three trainees from Mumbai namely a dutch guy, a british guy and Benny, from Indonesia. Benny is a funny guy and for the first time is Pune, finally someone to speak and understood my language. We were enjoying speaking in bahasa Melayu/Nusantara. We were singing and talking about Iklim, Search, Dewa, Sheila on 7, Kris Dayanti and etc.

And we also have a new arrived trainee from Greece. Her name is Anna and she´s an ex LCP and…, what a gorgeous chick she is. She´s your type of rock chick, someone who listen to Pink Floyd. I don´t know why but she really reminds me of Gokce the Turkish girl, the feature, hair, skin colour but of course, she didn´t look like her. Anna play the guitar in the band and now we are talking about doing some jamming. Soon, I will sing and intro a song from Dream Theatre to her, “Anna”. (the song title) I am quite impress with her musical test. How often can you meet a cun chick, who know so much about Eric Clapton. But of course, I am better la…, She may know the lyrics of “Layla”, “Pretending”, “My father´s eyes” or “Tears in heaven” but I know the true meaning why the song was composed. Sorry la….a bit of showing off but like the dutch like to put it, “what the fuck…I don´t care, I am a dutch…” I believe knowledge should be shared, so I shared it all to her.

Unlike the “Kiasu” university chinese dudes, who keep notes all to themselves like the CIA keeping national secrets from the KGB. The attitudes that I despise completely. That’s why, I will never get “ngam” with those fucking losers. And most of the time, hanging out with those layback Malay dudes. Back to Anna, Kek, I think you should meet with Anna if you have the chance. She´s so cool and of course musically knowledgeable. I told her about “Anna” from Dream theatre already. I think she going to like it. (My brother had couriered my Dream Theatre CD to me via DHL)

For the moment, she´s sleeping next space to me now that Thomas my roomate is going back to Germany until January. So we chatted the night away

The highlight of the weekend is of course, the christmas party cum farewell party to Inge and Christianne, organized by group of Daimler Chyler trainees, in their huge and beautiful condominuim. It was a party of “Sex Drugs & Rock n´ Roll”.

Christianne and Inge is going back to the Netherland and of course I will miss them, as a friend, the time alone spent with them in their room, smoking out, under sleepy and dimmy neon, with musics of Radiohead and Alanis.

Once “Paradise city”, “U could be mine”, “Lithium” and the likes was played on the air, I knew the night had begin and hence, excessive drinking and smoking. In the party, most of the time was spent with Maike, Inge and Christianne, as well as talking with Omar, german guys, DJs, Benny and of course, Anna from Greece.

I was suppose to go to a Pink Floyd concert tribute in the city with Anna, but too bad that it crash with the party. It was fucking sad but I guess after all, you can never get the best of two world. But in Pune, there´s always lots of progressive rock concerts, gigs and live bands, from Jazz, blues, rocks all the way back to the 70s. So no regret. And needless to say, I was high and drunk.

Now come the hardest part, the dejavu of my dream, the things that I knew it gonna happen again no matter how hard I tried to avoid it. Towards the end of the party, I was talking to Thomas C1 while drinking beer from the bottle. And while drinking, Thomas suddenly raise his arm and accidently hit my beer bottle and crack!!, half of my front tooth was flying in the air. Tong Chien and Amelia, I am sure you will laugh at how I look now as I am sure you do remember when the same accident happen to me last year.

I already fix an appointment with a dentist and I think it gonna cost lots of money to fix it. “Fuck!!!, dah la muka macam toya makmin, gigi pulak patah tengah, tambah lagi ke-toyahmakmin-an di muka, ma chau ci bai eh…so, I am now an officially a “Ugly kid Joe”””
Maaflah, kalau lu orang tak faham bahasa melayu orang Penang atau orang Utara…

As for the night after the party, I am not gonna write it here la…I will live it to your wild imigination. Bur of course I will write in my own “black diary” Suddenly I feel like I am writing like Dan Brown already, so much of guesses and suspence.

The morning after, I was of course, completely dehydrated and hangover. I was also fucking sad with my new look. I couldn´t fathom the look of me in the mirror. I used to dream that I crack my front tooth and it was scary in my dream but when I open my eyes, I was always relieved knowing that it was just a dream. But this time, it was real. I guess only time will heal.

I am sure you know the feeling of being hangover, no mood and appetite and stuff. But I was being taught a lesson by this Dutch guy. He said “ If you wanna be a tough guy at night, make sure you are also tough in the morning after”. So his point was, don´t be such a sissy, face your hangover like a man.

Anyway, I slept until 1.30pm and later, went on the beautiful, serene garden of the Osho commune international, the world´s most famous place for meditation. The garden is so peaceful, with flowing river, fountain, lots of flowers and green and the sound of nature. It remind me of Pink Floyd´s animal album. While on the way there, we met up with this street magician and he entertained us with some of his hand tricks. One of the amazing trick was, he asked all of us to pick our favourite smell of flower. So, some pick Jasmine and some pick paris. And then he asked us to rub the back of our hand and after a while, we can smell our favourite flower on our hand. And the mystery part was he never touched any of our hand. What a trick!!

Sunday afternoon, we hooked up with DJ Shariff and his Sudanese community to play soccer and it was my first football practise in India, ever since I reached here two month ago. The pitch was bad. Actually it wasn´t a pitch at all, it was just an empty land, with lots of small rocks, sands and dry glass. We played small post. I as always, being a fat lazy pig I am, playing the position of forward, only forward. Just like my weekly football training with the boys back home, I didn´t contribute much in the game, because I just stand above the line and waiting for the ball to come. But it doens´t matter, I score almost all the goalsJ despite the facts that I was quite redundant and didn’t run much. I am sure Bonnie and OTC can tell you the situation.

I think I am done for now. Tomorrow will be another Monday blues and Tuesday grey, Wednesday yellow, Thursday red, Friday pink and Saturday hip hip hoorey!!!

I am looking forward to my new year GOA island trip. And in january I might be travelling to Jaipur, Rajakhtan, visiting my fav. Girl, Gokce the turkish girl….

Honestly, I am fucking broke, so broke that every penny spent count. “Dah la takda duit, gigi pulak patah, ini betul betul kali amput, kamziet pukimak!! Punya accident!!”

Love & regards,

Peter.

No comments: