Thursday, July 07, 2005

September Travelling- My route

This is an updated version. I somehow knew it that travelling with Erin won't materialized. It was at the back of mind when we were planning ahead of time. So, she pulled out because one fine day she woke up and her gut instinct told her that she gotto go back to the USA, that's all, no explanation or solid reason whatsoever. Well, I would have lies that this won't affect me at all. In facts it kind of ruined my original plan. Now that I am hanging tough and alone, the cost of the entire journey will surely increased if I were to travel alone especially accommodation! But for those who knows, my determination is as strong as ever. Nothing will come between me and travelling. Hopefully nothing like death or mother nature. With or without anyone, plan or unplanned, I will go travel. That is for sure.

But now that Erin is pulling out, I will need to revise my routes. I might be cutting down half of the places since I will not have enough budget to travel alone. Well, we will see. Gemma had told me she want to come with me. Others as well include some IC delegates to Agra. For whatever it is, I don't care, I am going!!! U join me or you don't. My way or the high way.

(Pre revision)

Below are my tentative routes across my Northern India travelling trip, for one month and 5 days.

Bombay-Udaipur (16 hrs, bus, Rs400)

Udaipur-Mt.Abu (5 hrs, bus, Rs80)

Mt.Abu-Jaipur (12 hrs, bus, Rs220)

Jaipur-Ajmer (2.5 hrs, bus, Rs113)

Ajmer-Pushkar (30min, bus, Rs7)

Pushkar-Ajmer (30min, bus, Rs7)

Ajmer-Jodhpur (6 hrs, bus, Rs100)

Jodhpur-Jalsalmer (5.5 hrs, bus, Rs95)

Jalsalmer-Delhi (19 hrs, train, Rs216/605, sleeper/3-tier AC)
OR
Jalsalmer-Jaipur (12 hrs, bus, Rs255)- 1 daily
OR
Jalsalmer-Jodhpur (5.5 hrs, bus, Rs95/117) Half-hourly


Jaipur-Delhi (5.5 hrs, bus, Rs220)
OR
Jodhpur-Delhi (12.5 hrs, bus, Rs260)


Delhi-Chandigarh (5 hrs, bus, Rs111)- Every 10 minutes
OR
Delhi-Shimla (10 hrs, bus, Rs190)


Chandigarh-Shimla (4 hrs, bus, Rs71)

Shimla-Manali (10 hrs, bus, Rs170) Every 2 hours

Manali-Dharamshala (10 hrs, bus, Rs250) 7pm

Dharamshala-McLeod Ganj (0.5 hrs, bus, Rs6)

Total hours available for one month & 5 days = 840
Total hours spent on the road= 190, appx 8 days
Total hours available for look-see 530, appx 22 days
Suggestion- Travelling at night hencesaving on accommodation cost and having more day time.

Duration planned and places of interest

1. Udaipur [3days]

- Lake Piccola, Crystal Gellery, Bagole-ki-Haveli, Fateh Sagar, shilpgram, Ahar, Sajjan garh & Sunset point

2. Mount. Abu [1 day]

Nakki lake & Wildlife sanctuary

3. Jodhpur [1 day]

Meherengah, Clock tower & market

4. Jaipur [2 days]

Old (Pink) city, Swari minar swarga, Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar

5. Pushkar [1 day]

6. Jalsalmer [3 days]

Jalsalmer fort, Jain temples, Patwan-ki-Haweli, Gadi segar & maybe Camel Safari

7. Chandigarh [1 day]

8. Shimla [2 days]

The mall/Bazaar, Viceregal lodge, Botanical gerden, Christ church & St. Michael Cetheral, The Glen, Summer hill, Chadwick falls & Prospect hill

9. Manali [3 days]

10. Dharamshala/McLeod Ganj [4 days]

Rgds
Peter

No comments: