Sunday, November 21, 2004

Promises (The unexpected dream)

Promises (The unexpected dream)

written by Peter Ooi

Dark sky, freezing cold air
Rain drop, start to fall
From the beautiful sky

Promises I made is a words I live
Promises broken is unforgiven
Promises stand is what I am
Eventhough heaven may fall
And hell may freeze over

Amid the ever sickening traffic
Muddy water, holes and heavy downpour
Here I am, a gentleman stood by the words he gave
To the girl he love

Together we cruise down the dirty little street
Soaked and wet, but that doesn´t matter

A feeling never die
But growing stronger every minutes every second
The street is long but yet seems short
She´s so close yet so far
I can only smile and imagine

It feels like the street lking it are empty
Only the two of us
Endless conversation
But jive talking it seems
But does it matter?

Grab her arm and pull her by my side
Save her life in the nick of time
Cross the road, holding hand
A feeling so lovely, so wonderful
Eventhough it was a brief moment

Roll a joint, one and two
Together we were high
Like John and yoko against the world
Oh how I wish we could be together

But I will wait, for future is unpredictable,
Maybe God may grant me
The unexpected dream

No comments: